- New Northern Kentucky teams pick up regional cross country crowns
- Nine Northern Kentucky football teams ranked in AP poll
- Tropical Storm Bertha coasts away from Turks and Caicos Islands, Bahamas
- Creationism-themed amusement park heading to Northern Kentucky, will have full-size Noah's Ark
- 'Staten Island Cakes' showcases 21-year-old baker Vinny Buzzetta and his family, bakery shenanigans
NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) — Lavone Holland II made four 3-pointers and scored 24 points to help Northern Kentucky hold off James Madison 87-78 on Friday in opening round of the Island of the Bahamas Showcase.
Northern Kentucky had a 21-11 lead midway through the first half and extended its advantage to 44-24 at the break. The Norse led by as many as 25 points in the second half, but JMU rallied within six points with 41 seconds to go.
NKU’s Carson Williams made 1 of 2 free throws with 27 seconds remaining, blocked a shot at the other end and Holland sealed it with two makes at the foul line.
Jordan Garnett and Jalen Tate each added 15 points for Northern Kentucky (3-0). Williams scored 12 and Drew McDonald 11.
Stuckey Mosley led James Madison (1-2) with 20 points and four 3-pointers. Joey McLean added 14 points and Ramone Snowden 10.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Northern Kentucky tops JMU in Island of the Bahamas Showcase have 155 words, post on www.usatoday.com at 2017-11-18 02:57:13. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.