- Twitter suspended Rose McGowan’s account after being extremely vocal about Weinstein and Affleck
- Rose McGowan Suspended From Twitter After Ben Affleck Tweet
- Rose McGowan says she’s suspended from Twitter after Harvey Weinstein tweets
- Twitter won’t run an anti-abortion group’s ads unless it scrubs its website of ‘sensitive content’
- Twitter Grapples With “Verified” White Supremacists As Other Tech Companies Crack Down On Hate Speech
NEW YORK — Rose McGowan’s Twitter account has been suspended, temporarily muting a central figure in the allegations against Harvey Weinstein.
McGowan said late Wednesday that Twitter had suspended her from tweeting after the social media company said she broke its rules. On her Instagram account, McGowan said “there are powerful forces at work” and pleaded for others to “be my voice.”
Representatives for Twitter declined to comment Thursday.
The New York Times earlier reported that McGowan was among the numerous women sexually harassed by Weinstein, who paid McGowan a financial settlement in 1997. McGowan on Tuesday tweeted “now I am allowed to say rapist.”
McGowan also recently called Ben Affleck “a liar” on Twitter and suggested the actor knew about Weinstein’s conduct. Representatives for Affleck haven’t responded to messages regarding that allegation.
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Rose McGowan’s account suspended by Twitter have 151 words, post on www.seattlepi.com at 2017-10-12 10:02:50. This is cached page on USA Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.